Tuesday, December 30, 2008
So the night before last didn't go so well and when he woke up that morning I promise he would not even look at me! Usually when I get him from his bed he is all smiles but it seems he was holding a grudge. We all-together stopped swaddling too (seems they don't really make swaddling blankets for 18-pounders) so poor guy didn't know what had hit him. Nathan without me knowing called his doctor later that day just to make sure we weren't doing something that would scar him for life. The nurse assured him he was perfectly capable of making it thru the night without being fed, so we attempted it again. I dreaded last night afraid that it would be a repeat, but he did it! He slept from about 7:30pm to 7:15 am!
Let's just pray that it was not a coincidence and that this becomes the new routine. Mom and dad are SO ready!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Price was just taking it all in this year
Loving on her new baby doll from Aunt Mere
And a doll house from Bebe and Pops...and yes, she wants to dress like Snow White everyday, all day
Monday, December 22, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
8 TV shows I watch (oh geez...I am embarrassed to admit these...please don't judge):
1. The Hills
2. Jon and Kate plus 8
3. America's Next Top Model
4. The Office
5. Top Chef
6. Project Runway
7. The Bachelor
8. lots of ESPN classic football games with my hubby
I must add that I probably watch one of these shows a week. They are not all on the same seasons. No time.
8 Favorite Restaurants (in no particular order):
1. Southwells (best veggie burger, hands down)
2. Escalantes (or any Mexican really)
4. P.F. Changs
5. Sushi King
6. Barry's Pizza/ Star Pizza
7. Maggianos - only because that is where we always end up when my sister Paige is in town
8. any place that involves food and conversation with my husband (last night it was chicken nuggets and fish sticks just the two of us at our kitchen table...romantic)
8 Things that Happened to Me Today:
1. Starting at 3:30 am - Price woke up for his middle of the night feeding
2. Went to Ellery's school to watch her Christmas program - she was a sheep and did such a great job!
3. Didn't get any pics because someone forgot to put the recharged battery back into the camera
4. But Nathan did video tape it (he redeemed himself)
5. Celebrated Jesus' birthday at E's school with cake and milk
6. Went to lunch at Fuzzy's with my mom, Ellery, and Pricey
7. Got both kids down at the same time for a nap...hooray!
8. Went to decorate cookies and have a gift exchange at Courtney's house with her sweet girls and Tiffany's sweet girls. Price was way outnumbered.
8 Things I Look Forward To:
1. Flying to Wichita, Kansas this weekend to see relatives
2. Possibly getting to play in the snow with Ellery while we are there
3. Christmas with my family here (Paige and Taylor being in town)
4. Christmas with Nathan's family in Arlington
5. Price sleeping through the night
6. Ellery being potty-trained (we made a potty chart yesterday!)
7. Seeing my grandmother again
8. My mom's birthday tomorrow!!
8 Things I Wish For:
1. That my mom has a very happy birthday tomorrow
2. Paige to find the perfect job
3. That the weather would just stay the same for at least 3 days here....preferably cooler so we can really feel like it's Christmas-time
4. Health for my babies
5. That my jeans would fit exactly the way they did pre-pregnancy
6. That cookies and broccoli would switch places nutritionally
7. My dog to stop marking his territory on our rugs
8. For peace on earth :)
8 People I Tag:
At first I tagged 8 people but I would love for anyone who reads this blog to participate!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
So last night I was so excited to gather up the family on the couch and watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I love how there are family Christmas movies that air on the television throughout the month of December. This year Ellery is really starting to get excited about Christmas although she keeps saying that she wants a bigger Christmas tree like Lulu and Poppy's. Sorry dear, the little Montana Slim is going to have to do.
Anyways, she sat through the movie and was very interested in the classic tale about Rudolph and his misfit red-nose. At one point Nathan and I thought we might have to turn it off because we looked over at her and her bottom lip was out and tears trickling down her face. She kept saying, "Rudolph has a red nose." It was really upsetting to her, obviously. We finally got it through to her that the red nose ended up being a good thing because Rudolph could help guide Santa's sleigh, and that it's okay to be different.
As Nathan says, she's so drama. But we love our little drama mama.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Why is it that everytime you think you have a breakthrough and your infant is making great progress at night, there is a huge set back that makes you re-think having another baby all-together?
On another note, today I really just enjoyed being with my daughter. I hope I can always remember that precocious, 2 year old face starring back at me across the table. Our conversations make my heart glad!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
In case you are wondering I AM planning on wearing maroon to the next game. I don't own a single piece of maroon clothing so hopefully I can find something. Orange is such a more flattering color.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Speaking of drama, we met my mom for lunch on Wednesday at Cafe Express after I picked Ellery up from school. Our lunch lasted about 2 minutes and then Ellery threw the biggest tantrum we have ever witnessed. It all started because I stirred up her mac and cheese which I quickly learned was not okay with her. Add that to a truly worn-out child and you get a huge scene. I had to carry her out of the restaurant kicking and screaming. It was unbelievable. I was THAT mom with the out of control child. Nathan and I were discussing that we have never had to leave a restaurant because of her behavior. I hope this is not a trend.
Random cute pic. Ellery calls this her pretzel shirt!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Now back to the election coverage....