Tuesday, December 30, 2008

4 month milestone

Price slept thru the night for the first time last night, on his four month birthday! Nathan and I had decided the night before that we were going to let him "cry it out". It sounds so cruel I know, but after taking him to the doctor last week and discovering he weighs a whopping 18.2 pounds, I figured he could miss a meal! Nathan kept the monitor by his side of the bed so I would not have to endure listening to him cry. I know I would have caved in. Seriously, all he has to do is flash his little grin and I am putty in his hands!
So the night before last didn't go so well and when he woke up that morning I promise he would not even look at me! Usually when I get him from his bed he is all smiles but it seems he was holding a grudge. We all-together stopped swaddling too (seems they don't really make swaddling blankets for 18-pounders) so poor guy didn't know what had hit him. Nathan without me knowing called his doctor later that day just to make sure we weren't doing something that would scar him for life. The nurse assured him he was perfectly capable of making it thru the night without being fed, so we attempted it again. I dreaded last night afraid that it would be a repeat, but he did it! He slept from about 7:30pm to 7:15 am!
Let's just pray that it was not a coincidence and that this becomes the new routine. Mom and dad are SO ready!

3 comments:

Donlee and Amanda said...

Congrats! If it makes you feel better I have had more than one night where I turned downed the volume on the video monitor (knowing she was well fed, diapered, etc.) so that I could keep an eye on her screaming face without having to listen to it. And I still consider myself a good mommy!!

Tabaitha Kaye said...

I know how hard it is to let them cry it out. I had Adam keep the monitor on his side too. I'm so proud of Price and now you guys hopefully will be on the road to a full nights sleep again.

Allison said...

Congratulations! We always let the twins cry themselves to sleep and more so don't feel bad. :)

newer older home