Friday, November 7, 2008

Back tracking

Last weekend we met Bebe and Pops at Huntsville State Park. The weather was perfect and Ellery especially enjoyed being outside, eating hot dogs, and making smores. We had a little drama when Ellery busted her top lip, but it was nothing that 10 popsicles couldn't fix.



Speaking of drama, we met my mom for lunch on Wednesday at Cafe Express after I picked Ellery up from school. Our lunch lasted about 2 minutes and then Ellery threw the biggest tantrum we have ever witnessed. It all started because I stirred up her mac and cheese which I quickly learned was not okay with her. Add that to a truly worn-out child and you get a huge scene. I had to carry her out of the restaurant kicking and screaming. It was unbelievable. I was THAT mom with the out of control child. Nathan and I were discussing that we have never had to leave a restaurant because of her behavior. I hope this is not a trend.
Random cute pic. Ellery calls this her pretzel shirt!
Ellery, Price, and I visited my Papa. My sweet grandmother fell and broke her hip a couple of weeks ago and we had to put her in a nursing home. She also has the horrible disease of Alzheimers. More on my Nanny later, but needless to say Papa needed some company. It was his 1st time to meet Price, his 9th great -grandchild.
Fun news...Price got his ride pimped! We had to get rid of Ellery's car seat because it was truly disgusting after all of the spit-up. I thought maybe Price would not be a spitter-upper but once again, we are going through the burpies like crazy. I think he might be a little better than Ellery and at least both of them were what doctors call "happy-spitters". So, we decided that a car seat cover was the way to go. Much easier to take off and wash and will keep the seat in good shape (in case of a 3rd, but we are definitely not discussing that topic at the moment). Doesn't he look all cozy in it? Good thing because little PNut takes the majority of his naps in it. He LOVES his car seat.

Other fun news...Nathan and I were able to go on a date to see Fireproof on Thursday. We skipped a parenting seminar at Ellery's school and opted for the movies instead. I have no doubt that we could have used the parenting help but the movie was worth playing hookie for. It was crazy to be sitting in the movie theatre eating popcorn and watching a movie that was so pure and uplifting. I wish I left more movies feeling the way I did after seeing this one.
We are in Austin AGAIN for another football game. This was my 1st attempt to dress my kiddos alike.



3 comments:

the_wells said...

good blog blogger.
i loved the part about ellery's fit. not love it for you - but love it b/c emma kate threw one today ( i was luckily at home) and i wished Adam was at home to witness it. All b/c i helped her put a sock on that she couldn't pull up. she ran around in circles - fell to the ground - it was suprisingly funny and entertaining. but probably not in a restaurant. i just walked away and told her to deal.

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Our entire Sunday School class did a date night to see Fireproof back in September and I was sick, so we didn't make it. I really can't wait to see it. I have heard nothing but positive feedback on such an uplifting movie.

Ellery & Price look adorable in the pictures. We are having to buy a new carseat for Taylor because Mason's won't fit in our car unless it is in the middle. I figure it's cheaper to buy a new carseat then it is to buy a new car.

thesapp4 said...

I doubt there are many parents out there who haven't felt like they were THAT mom with the out of control child at one time or another. We have definitely had one or two of those fits. The kids are so cute!

newer older home