Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Austin, Colby, and coke floats

We went to Austin for the long Memorial Day weekend with my parents. It was a little like being on vacation. My parents are a huge help when it comes to the kids. Ellery is attached at Poppy's hip the entire time, and the boys took turns fighting over Lulu's lap.

We celebrated our 7th anniversary Sunday night. My parents kept the kids while we tried a Japanese restaurant. We let the waiter order for us (after giving him some guidelines), and we were pleasantly surprised by the food he brought us. For dessert, we had fried milk. Delicious.

Street is now crawling everywhere. One time over the weekend, I sat him down and then came back a minute later and he was no where to be seen. I freaked out a little. I am not used to this crawling thing, but I am loving it. He usually is crawling to get to me. He might be making up for all the raging he did his first months of life. On second thought, he still rages at night some. Poor thing. He is so confused because most nights I give in and feed him, and then there are some nights I can't bring myself to get out of bed and just turn down the monitor. Very inconsistent. But as I have learned, each child is on a different time table and that's perfectly okay with me. (Did I ever mention that E gave up her paci at 4 1/2?)


Our dog, Colby, went to live with Lulu and Poppy after Street's arrival. Heart condition plus a 3rd baby just did not equal good for C-man. Well, he's back and Price has won his heart. And vice-versa. They are best friends. Price spends half his day laughing at Colby and chasing him around the house. Colby likes to sit right by Price, especially when he's eating so that he can be the recipient of some good ole table food. Price bends down from his highchair and just starts belly-laughing as he hands Colby some of his dinner. It's really funny. I really believe animals are therapeutic.


Ellery has made a list of about 20 places we are going this summer and so we will be busy. Right now, she is enjoying a coke float with her dad. He bet her a coke float if she would eat some of his raw salmon from his sashimi last night and some wasabi. To both of our surprise, she did it without hesitation. I guess anything for ice cream and coke in the same sitting.


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the last pic and the story of colby and price being buddies. melts me. Also, the fact that E had sushi...LOL

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Happy Anniversary!

cindy gatewood said...

Well, they didn't have to "fight"
much for my lap...it was MY pleasure.
;)

Lyndsay said...

So sweet - love that story about Price and Colby! Hope y'all are having a good summer - if you love any of the places on Ellery's list let me know and I will take W & E!

newer older home