Sunday, May 15, 2011

Birthday

inspecting the grass
after putting it in his mouth...hmmm interesting



Saturday was my birthday! I think it was one of my best ones yet. The best part about it was that there were no real big plans and instead it was just spontaneous fun. At the last minute, I decided to take a beginner photography class with my friend Tiffany. I have so many things I would love to do better. Photography, sewing, art, you name it. I am interested in all of them, but with our crazy life right now, I barely have time to even think about the hobbies that get me excited. I started a sewing class when Price was about 7 or 8 months, but that is when life with him started getting hard, scary, and time-consuming. I was a sewing class drop-out.



So back to the photography class. I learned a lot of really technical things that still have my mind spinning. I got out today in the backyard to practice some of the things we were taught and let's just say, I am less than impressed with myself. I am pretty sure my photos were just as good on the automatic setting as they are with the manual one I am using now. I have a long way to go. But it was fun, it was different, and it was treasured time with a good friend without any chaos.



Nathan surprised me with some new shoes. He bought two different sizes and two different colors just so that I was sure to have something that fit and that I liked. He even included a tiny pair of new balance shoes for Price, which just made my day. My day was made even more by the fact that they were too small for Price ,and that they will have to work for Street in the near future. (We have been a little concerned (or okay, I have) that Price's legs and feet have not grown much at all in the past year and a half. Turns out that we think it was because of his inability to bear weight. Our PT assures us that the legs/feet grow in direct proportion to the amount of weight they bear. So, now that Price is bearing weight, I have been really hoping that his legs and feet will catch up. Phew...that was a long explanation.)



Tiffany and Jason invited us out to their place for dinner. We picked up Lupe Tortillas and enjoyed a nice, relaxing (after the littlest one went to bed), and fun dinner on their beautiful new patio furniture. The weather was perfect. No humidity and even a tad bit cool. Tiffany and her girls made me a chocolate cake and Nathan brought the TCBY one he had picked out. Every time we go to TCBY I think I make a comment about the yogurt cakes and how much I want one. We rarely go there anymore, but it was sweet of him to think of it after all these years of me drooling over them.


On the way home we saw the biggest shooting star that just topped the day off. It was pretty amazing. Nathan is also taking me out to a nice dinner Monday night to celebrate even more. I feel so loved!


8 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

Happy Birthday! Great to see you with the baby buggies today. Can't wait to hear about the photography class!

Paige said...

I am SO glad you had a great day, you deserve it!!!

Tiffany said...

Hey now... I think your practice on street was great! I am guessing you used a low F-stop to create that fabulous, soft blur in the background. hehe! As for ISO...I have no clue! Great day, friend.

cindy gatewood said...

I am so happy you enjoyed your
birthday! It sounds like a lot
of fun and good times!

Love you!
Mom

cindy gatewood said...

PS - You ARE loved!!
;)

Tabaitha Kaye said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Amanda said...

How fun that you saw a shooting star on your birthday! I hope you guys have a great date tonight. Love you!

Lyndsay said...

So glad that you had a good birthday! Forgot about that sewing class - I was not a good partner {I think I dropped out after 1 class -haha}!

You know that I am always here to talk photography - in the beginning your head does spin with all the photography terms but once you master how all 3 items {f-stop, shutter speed and ISO} work together it is AMAZING!

newer older home