Friday, May 20, 2011

Give a hug ladybug

Ellery's teacher this year had a little poem they would say at the end of the day. It goes like this:


See you later alligator
Give a hug ladybug
Blow a kiss jellyfish
Out the door dinosaur
Farewell jinglebell
Take care teddy bear
Toodle-doo kangaroo
Bye-bye butterfly


This morning Ellery woke up to a little graduation gift. She had picked out this ladybug charm to go on her charm bracelet a long time ago, and I thought it would be the perfect day to surprise her with it. She loved it, and decided to wear it as a necklace on the last day of school.

The graduates (with cute little necklaces my friend Lyndsay made for everyone) walking out to "Pomp and Circumstance".




Claire, Ellery, and Walker
We sure will miss all of these sweet friends and their families.



They all said, "I did it!", as they let go of their balloons.



Talking to Mrs. Thigpen about the gifts they are about to give their teacher.



Handing Mrs. Wagner a rose



They all received The Jesus Storybook Bible as a gift from their teachers. (This is an awesome Bible,by the way, for little ones.)




What a great year this has been! I made it through the graduation ceremony and actually found myself laughing at the cuteness of it all. When I went to pick up Ellery at noon, I got out of my car and gave her teacher and the director hugs. It was then that I started to get a little sentimental. This school has meant so much to us and we will miss not being a part of it next year. I had visions of Ellery being at the school with Price and then Price and Street eventually attending together. As we all know, this is not the case, and I think this is the bulk of my sadness.


{I just keep telling myself, "It's all about Jesus, Kristen." And it is. Ellery's life, Street's life, our lives, Price's life. And it is because of this, I can say it's all good. This is another blog post for another day, though.}


On a funny note, I did tell the teachers today that they may want to retire after having Street in their class . He's a little more...um...let's say, energetic than his sister.


We were so proud of our first-born today {and everyday}, but today was definitely a special one!

2 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

How adorable!!
I guess the pink dress is the
new official favorite of E's.
he he
Love the charm --
Way to go Ellery!!

Amanda said...

This is precious!

newer older home