Thursday, February 26, 2009

A deep thought

This morning I found out that a girl I went to high school with committed suicide last night. She was in a couple of my classes throughout the years and I always really liked her, but we were never great friends. She was even in my Brownie Troop in Kindergarten. I am frustrated that I wasn't better friends with her. That I never got a chance to really get to know her. I don't know if she knew the Lord, and I hope so much that she did. I wish I could have hung out with her, listened to what was going so wrong in her life, tell her of Christ's love. I know that I wouldn't have made a huge difference, I just wish I had the chance.

I wonder how many other people I never really got to know because I didn't take the time or because they were not like me (whatever that is)? I pray I will never miss an opportunity to be a friend to someone. My eyes have truly been opened to this lately. I want my relationships and conversations with people to be based on so much more than just the exterior, superficial things. I want to be about honesty and transparency, the real deal.

3 comments:

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Thank you for posting this. We went to such a big high school, but both knew a lot of people. This is sad that it happened I will be praying for their family. Reading your thoughts has also opened my mind to the fact that I need to be sharing the truth more and more with people, and make sure that you can see Christ in my life.

jonnyd said...

That is a good deep thought. Unfortunate circumstances to be sure, but I like the goal you're setting out there for yourself. I think it will be rewarding for you and for all of those that get to know you.

The Kelley Family said...

I'm sorry about this girl Kristen...I know how you feel though. I experienced this with someone I knew a few years back and its awful to think that you could've been there to help make a difference in their decision, either now or in eternity.

newer older home