Saturday, July 30, 2011

A recipe

We are figuring out how to do things gluten and dairy free over here. With two of my boys (Nathan and Price) sensitive to both, it's just better for everyone if we do most of our meals this way. Don't get me wrong, Ellery and I love us some bread and cheese. But for the most part, when we eat at home, I try to cook something we can all enjoy.

The kids (and Nathan) are on a waffle kick. And it's something I can prepare beforehand and make in a few minutes in the morning. (Which is a good thing because Price is out the door 3 mornings at 7:30am.)

Our waffles:

1 Cup Gluten free baking mix (we use Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix which I bought at Wholefoods. I am sure there are others that are similar.)

2 eggs

3/4 cup water

1 tbsp oil (we use grapeseed oil)

Pour into a waffle maker and you are done! So easy! We usually double the recipe and put it in this handy bottle and into the refrigerator for another morning.

The bottle is actually a cupcake mix pourer. My mom bought it for us and I found it so handy for our waffle mix instead. It has a little spout that you can't see in the picture.



5 comments:

The Wells Family said...

and for a really healthy meal - add some artichoke hearts on top?

cindy gatewood said...

That's awesome!! So glad my "find" has become
so useful!
You are amazing!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe...i recently had to go dairy free and its hard transitioning. :-)

jeanaelizabeth said...

You have to keep the recipes coming! We are ready to cut down on the wheat over here too and I've been looking for good recipes. Right now I just buy gluten-free products with mixed success. I need to be able to cook more.

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Yum, I'll have to try it. One of my best friends has Celiac's and I came across this blog with a ton of recipes for family meals:
http://celiacfamily.com/
Hope it helps make meal planning easier for your family.

newer older home