Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What we've been up to

Ellery is officially pooping on the potty...usually every day. Praise the Lord. I don't know what just clicked in that child's mind but I am loving it! I guess you leave one stage though to enter the next one. Now, she is scared at night and wakes up some nights screaming. A few nights Nathan has made a pallet on her floor to help her get back to sleep. She seems to be mainly scared of tornadoes, thunderstorms, and fires - very strange.

Price had another test on Friday at Texas Childrens, an MRI. Here's the unhappy camper after the nurse did quite a bit of poking around for his vein for the IV. He was sedated for about 2 hours. Nathan and I were laughing about the first time Ellery got sick. She had pink eye and I seriously thought she might die. She was just so little and vulnerable and I was a brand new mom who was already madly in love with her baby. Now things like MRI's and sedating don't even phase me. I know in the scheme of things these aren't huge things, but for a mom with worry-wart tendencies, this is saying a lot. The Lord has really used everything we have endured with Price to teach me about worry and anxiety. He has used and continues to use this time to remind me that Price is His, first and foremost.




Seriously, Price is such a trooper. He is the most gentle and joyful baby we could ever ask for. We didn't hear any surprising news from his MRI, which was good. If you think about it, pray for the fluid in his head to continue to absorb. We know that this is the key to helping him make progress with his muscle tone and motor skills.

Ellery has a new love - dancing. It seems that week of dance camp just did it for her. She loves to catch a glimpse of herself in a mirror or window while she is strutting her stuff. Here's a quick video we took yesterday. We had watched that wedding entrance video on youtube that is circulating and it got her going.





p.s. That is Colby squealing in the background. He is such an attention-seeker.

7 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Bless his little heart. So glad that the MRI results were uneventful. I definitely can relate to you in the worry wart mom area and I am slowly but surely trusting that everything is as should be and I just need to relax and be thankful for everything. We miss seeing you guys! Maybe a playdate this week or next?

Lyndsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tabaitha Kaye said...

The pictures of Price just melted my heart. Definitely keeping him in my prayers. The video was too cute of Ellery! Hope this week is a little less uneventful.

melanie said...

I'm so glad to hear Price's MRI results were normal, but i know you were hoping to get some answers, so i know you still have questions. I will keep praying for sweet Price. Ellery is such a princess, i love the video!!!

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

What a cute little dancer! I'm so glad I got to see you today! How funny that we both came to pick up the kids for naps the same day. Text me when you are going to the gym next!

Matt & Leigh Anne said...

Poor baby!! Those pics flood me with memories! It just isn't fair that those little ones have to be poked like that! I'm praying for him.

What moves Ellery has!! 3 straight minutes of dancing...I'm impressed...also impressed she didn't miss a step after sliding down those steps!!

glenda said...

Price is such a joy! Precious Price!!!! The video of Ellery is adorable! She is quite the dancer! glenda

newer older home