Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday update

We are staying inside today trying to stay out of the rain from this tropical storm that is sweeping across Houston. Perfect time to catch up on the blog.

We were able to take one last getaway to Austin this past weekend for our annual trip with the Clarks. They have 2 girls (ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2) and Ellery just loved being around them this year. They played baby dolls, watched movies, swam, and enjoyed being out on the lake in the boat. Ellery even went tubing this year!! The tube was like a giant couch and so Jody and Brandon rode with the 3 girls while Nathan drove the boat. I accompanied them on one boat ride, when the water was not too choppy. I did not want to go into labor on the lake!

Jody and I went to the San Marcos outlets on Saturday and ended up in a major traffic jam on the way home. Something about a truck that was carrying cereal had spilled and then somehow caught on fire. It took us over 4 hours to make it home (it should have taken about 30 minutes). I was having flashbacks of the hurricane evacuation a couple of years ago. Good thing was that I had brought along a book that Jody recommended called The Shack. I read it out loud, which made the trip a little more bearable. I highly recommend it too. It really is one of those life-changing books that everyone should read.

My doctor gave me the approval to go ahead and take one last trip but said that was it until Price makes his appearance. I will see her next week as she is out of town this week, and hopefully we will have a better idea of when to expect his arrival. I am feeling great - my congestion has mostly disappeared and other than tired feet and back at the end of the day, I am doing well. We are still busy with final preparations before he arrives - waiting on some furniture, doing laundry, etc.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Here are some pictures from this weekend:

the three musketeers

tubing!

cuddling with Emily

1 comment:

Tabaitha Kaye said...

It looks like you guys had a great time at the lake. I can't believe how close it is until Price arrives. It seems like yesterday, you were announcing your pregnancy.

newer older home