Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Clumsy Days

I have just had to laugh at myself the past couple of days. It has been raining here and that plus being clumsy and almost 10 months pregnant has not been a great thing.
Yesterday I was doing some grocery shopping while Ellery was at Mothers Day Out. I was putting the grocery sacks in our car in the rain. Before I knew it, the grocery cart had rolled off the curb, fallen over, hit the car, and all of the groceries had spilled out all over the street. I dented our car for the 2nd time in a few months and had to pick up all the spilled groceries, all the while getting soaked.
If that was not enough excitement for one week, today Ellery and I had an outing to her pediatrician to discuss some of the "issues" she has been having (referring to my post on the 8th). They have definitely gotten worse. Well, on our way out of the doctor's office it was pouring and the parking lot was flooding. It did not look like it was going to get any better any time soon, and so I picked up Ellery, broke out the umbrella, and headed for the car. I was wading through water that was up to my mid-calves and I actually lost a flip flop. There was a car right behind us that must have been either feeling sorry for me or laughing hysterically at this pregnant woman. I got Ellery in the car, chased my flip-flop down, and we were on our way home completely soaked. If that didn't put me into labor, then I don't know what will!

3 comments:

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Oh you poor thing. I can't believe that no one helped you with your spilled groceries.

Ashley, Bill and Hunter Blalock said...

Hey Kristen - I remember so clearly those last few days before hunter was born...I felt the same way. Good luck and I know your mom cant wait for Price to be here. Take care, ashley grimsley

Kristyn said...

oh wow!! I remember bumping into everything too. It's crazy how your body just seems to have a mind of its own.
I can't believe your baby ticker says 13 more days!!!

newer older home