Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Little Girl!

Today is our little girl's 1st birthday! I can't believe it. A year ago today I was at the hospital, filled with so much excitement and anticipation (and VERY eager to not be pregnant a minute longer)! This really has been the best year of my life thus far, and I truly treasure the family that the Lord has blessed us with. In honor of Ellery's birthday I made a list of the top 10 things I adore about her:

1. Your big brown eyes that are so expressive and those long, beautiful lashes that anyone would kill for!
2. The way you "dance" (really you rock) to any music that comes on. Your favorite song right now is "Buzz,Buzz".
3. When you lay your head on my shoulder after a long day, after dozing off in the car, or when you are acting shy around a stranger. You are not a cuddler, so I treasure these moments.
4. The way you LOVE animals, especially your dog Colby. We love him too.
5. When I am singing in the car and I glance back at you smiling or laughing. Thanks for loving my songs, especially all of the random made-up ones I love to sing to you.
6. Your soft skin and dimpled bottom. I love my chunky monkey!
7. When only mom will do. I know it will not always be this way so I am soaking it up. Thanks for loving me.
8. The way you are little miss independent. I can appreciate this although sometimes it makes for some tough days.
9. Afternoon naps...thank you Lord!
10. You are my social butterfly. You love new people and places. You love to give open-mouth kisses and you have so much LIFE in you. I pray this never changes.

I could go on and on, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

Today for Ellery's birthday we went and had our pictures made. Needless to say, it was not the best experience. We decided to do some family ones outside and it was HOT! Ellery got bit by mosquitoes even though I sprayed her down with bug repellent, and she was not happy with us for our wardrobe choices - a tutu, party hat, bows, etc. etc. I am just hoping for one good shot.

Hopefully the rest of the day will be more pleasant! And we are looking forward to the big celebration on Saturday.
Here is a picture we took this morning after facing her carseat forward (as you can see her toy of choice these days is her mylicon bottle)...what a big girl!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Love the post, Kristen. The list was touching and so well put. Happy Birthday, Ellery!

cindy gatewood said...

Happy Birthday from Lulu!!

newer older home