Monday, February 14, 2011

LOVE

I have a little box at the top of my closet filled with letters from Nathan. They go back to when we first met, through our engagement, and now married life. I read some of them today in honor of Valentine's Day and it has been so fun. I think Nathan's love language is letters. He has a way with words and expresses his feelings much better through the written language than the spoken language. Some of our early letters are so goofy and I laughed a ton. Here's a prime example.

this was at a trip to Sea World when we were dating

When I was turning 24, Nathan filled my room in my apartment with 24 balloons. Each balloon contained a note in it, one of the 24 things he loved about me. I won't share all 24 notes because I might start turning red but a few of my favorite funny ones are:

-It's a miracle - THAT hearts fits inside YOUR body.

- You have just enough fun to be on the edge but not over it. (this one really made me laugh)

- Smiles are a consequence of being around you.

- You provide full-time flutters.



I don't really like declaring my love for someone over the internet but I really do love my Valentine. When I married him 7 years ago, I could have never imagined loving him more, but I do...so much more. We have walked through some difficult and painful times and it has bonded us together in such a powerful way.

Okay, enough mushiness...everyone enjoy YOUR Valentine!

7 comments:

Katie said...

So sweet. Stephen is a note-writer, and I love that about him as well! Happy V-day, Kristen and fam :)

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

You are so cute! I have a little bit of both of you in me. I am a letter person, but like you, I get shy and don't like to be mushy in front of everyone. =)

Happy Valentine's Day!

cindy gatewood said...

Smiling at the picture...I have never seen it before!
Cute post!!
XO

Tiffany said...

I love that "you have just enough fun to be on the edge but not over it"...I laughed out loud too. I love my friend

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Such a fun picture!

Heather said...

I loved how you chose to post on Valentine's Day. How neat that he filled your apartment with 24 balloons with letters inside. Matt's love language is letters too, so much thought put into them, that he too, has a hard time just saying. Love the photo!!

Donlee and Amanda said...

Too cute. That picture makes me laugh. I love looking at old pics like that. It's hard to remember life before the kiddos.

newer older home