Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Half-Birthday

This year, Ellery's class celebrates half-birthdays for those kids that have birthdays in the summer months. I love it and think we might keep the tradition. Ellery's will fall on December 14th, and she is loving that it will be during Christmas time (so different than the hot, muggy month of June).

She found these in a magazine and has her heart set on taking these cupcakes to her class party.

What's so special about these cupcake toppers is that not only are they the original Rebel Alliance characters, but that they include Princess Leia. Poor Leia is left out of everything. It really is a bummer for the little girl Star Wars fans.

8 comments:

Ashley Moses said...

I used to teach kindergarten and I would celebrate the summer kids' half birthdays. They always loved it and felt so special since they never got to celebrate at school like the other kids. Summer babies need lovin' too! (I speak from experience, I was a June baby!)

Love the tradition and love your blog :) You are truly inspirational!

JWK said...

I LOVE IT!! Good luck with the cupcakes :)

cindy gatewood said...

That is pretty funny!
Love that girl..

Kate said...

what a great idea! I love Ellery's love for star wars, too cute :) I think i'm going to get the pancake molds for my neice & nephew for christmas!

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/star-wars-pancake-mold/

Sherry said...

Lovin the Star Wars girl! Precious!

Lyndsay said...

Love it! I'm sure Walker will be excited to see those!

Erin said...

I love the cupcakes! And I love Star Wars. :)

Lyndsay said...

Hey Kristen!
I'm sure you already found them but just in case I was in W&S in Highland Village and they had this set! I immediately thought of E!

newer older home