Thursday, October 21, 2010

No stone unturned

Nathan, Ellery, and I are adjusting quite well to life with a new little one around. Ellery loves on her little brother and is so much more helpful and understanding this time around at 4 years old. Believe me, if anyone was cut out to be a big sister to TWO brothers, she is! She will have these boys in line in no time!

Price, on the other hand, is not handling the transition quite as well. He is a very sensitive child and while he cannot communicate what he is feeling with words, he communicates in so many other ways that he's just not sure about these changes. Poor guy. This morning he wouldn't even acknowledge my presence while I was holding Street....talk about making this mama sad. I know it's just an adjustment period but it has me a little heartbroken at the moment. On top of a new brother, he is cutting his molars.

Street is such a blessing. He's feisty and sweet all at the same time. I am trying to savor even the long nights. He had his first photo session yesterday and I can't wait to share pictures. Unfortunately my ones from his birthday are really not ones I would like to share with the Internet world. Natural labor looks a whole lot different than the smiling, hair-done epidural pictures.

Life just keeps moving. Price is having his lumbar puncture tomorrow morning. He will be sedated for it. It's just something we need to do - even if it's just to rule something else out. Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to be with him at the hospital during the procedure which is creating even more mommy guilt. Street and I are just a bit attached and I do not think the hospital is a great place for an almost 2 week old.



Happier days!

4 comments:

d said...

Enjoy one day at a time... it works for me & my three!
Love,
Danielle

Tiffany said...

I love that happy picture of Price! He loves his Mama so much and I think we as Mom's read a lot more into it than they do. It doesn't help we get flooded with the postpartum hormones at the same time, while not sleeping either! Hang in there! Praying for an uneventful morning and steady, skillful hands for his doctor :)

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Cute picture of Price. I will be praying for all of you tomorrow.

Lyndsay said...

t & p's for you and price tomorrow! xoxo

newer older home