Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ellery-isms

For a really long time, my family has teased me about my "kristen-isms". It's true, I sometimes make up words and get phrases mixed up.

Well, Ellery has a couple funny words that I don't want to forget.

"hanitizer" for hand-sanitizer (in my opinion, it's a much better, more functional word)

"hang-a-burger" for hamburger

I know there are others too..she's so funny.

And then there are the very creative stories she makes up. Here is one from today.

"Once upon a time there was a house. It had a park right by it. There were 5 people in the house. They went outside and saw a hurricane and tornado.
The sun started to shine. So they decided to go play in the park. The tornado and hurricane decided to go to Wichita."

It was complete with pictures. A house with lots of clouds and lines through it and then a pretty house with the sun shining.

4 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

That was so funny as E was dictating that story to me.
I think I wrote down the condensed version- ha ha!
She is a funny girl.. Love her spirit!

Sherry said...

E sounds like Lauren. They would make a good story team!

cindy gatewood said...

And today Miss Ellery called
Cafe Express ""Polar Express"!
haha

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

Nick says hanitizer too!

newer older home