Sunday, August 29, 2010

Birthdays

Saturday morning I woke up to a few missed calls and texts from my mom and sister. Paige had been at the hospital since 2:30am and baby Piper would be making her appearance by noon the doctor suspected. I got really excited and did a little screaming while I quickly packed us all up. Ellery was super excited too and at first thought that OUR baby was coming.
We made our way to the hospital and got there about 2 hours after baby Piper was born. She is a beauty. The darkest black hair I have ever seen and peaceful and sweet as ever. The Lord has really had His hand on Paige's pregnancy and this little girl! We are so thankful.
Piper was born one day before Price's birthday! We woke up this morning singing to him and loving on our 2 year old! I was determined that it would be a sweet, sweet day and that there would be no tears or reminding myself of what a typical 2 year old should be doing. It was a day of celebrating Price for who he is and where he is at. I was planning a family party for him tonight but that had to be postponed. Since Nathan's parents had made a trip to Houston for the party, we met them on the road on our way back to Houston and their way back to Dallas. We did some celebrating at DQ and we decided to let Price have some vanilla soft serve. We haven't purposefully cheated on his gluten/casein free diet ever but for some reason, it just felt like the right thing to do. And he was in heaven!

snoozing...check out the shiner!


this tastes so familiar to me...oh wait, I think my mom ate this a lot while I was in her tummy
(and I did...craved ice cream with this little guy)

Price, you are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear how much I love you
So please don't take my sunshine away.

I sang this to Price moments after he was born and still sing it to him today (that is when he will let me rock him). Happy 2nd birthday Price! You are a JOY and our sunshine!

6 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

Happy Birthday to our sweet love, blue eyed boy!
:)

Lulu

Amanda said...

Happy birthday to Pricey! I think it's fun that he and Piper will have such close birthdays. Congrats on being an auntie!

Tabaitha Kaye said...

He looks so happy with the icecream. So many great reasons to celebrate last weekend! Congrats!

Kiki said...

Happy Birthday Price! What a cutie! And congratulations Aunt Kristen!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy! We love you!

Teresa L. Mason said...

This just brought tears to my eyes. You are such the perfect mom to sweet little Price.

newer older home