Friday, March 12, 2010

Waiting

Nathan said something a couple of days ago that really stuck with me. He said, "When did things get so heavy and serious?" He's one of those guys who is usually optimistic and positive and who enjoys laughing and being light-hearted more than serious. I thought to myself, ever since your sister was diagnosed with cancer and we started on this medical journey with our precious son. It's been a heavy season of life.

Waiting for this next round of test results for Price was not terribly hard at first. I know that Price is fearfully and wonderfully made and our main desire is for Price's life to glorify the Lord, no matter what. I haven't always felt so confident in saying this but I can honestly say it now. 100 percent, without a doubt. Before, I really wanted Price to glorify the Lord but I ALSO wanted MY will for him.

A couple days ago I had a complete breakdown. I had a weird message from the nurse at the genetics clinic that made me think that something was horribly wrong with my son. I got the message at 5:15 and of course, the office was closed the minute I tried to call back at 5:16. I sobbed to Nathan, I sobbed to my mom, and I sent a few pitiful texts to a good friend. After I got it all out of my system, I enjoyed the night with my family and slept in peace knowing that the morning would bring complete clarification and we'd be fine no matter what.

And guess what? These tests indicate that Price is fine. Completely normal. They didn't find a thing. For those of you who are still reading this depressing story and care to know, Price had an amino acids test, a Karo type, a few more metabolic disorder tests, and a complete chromosomal micro array that looks for every micro deletion/addition possible.

The genetics clinic wants to see us back in 6 months for a follow-up and more testing, but we are really feeling like we are done for now. This has been so rough on us all. Price is healthy and thriving. Yes, he has developmental delays, but he's a healthy little boy. We are just going to keep praying, praying for strength, progress, and complete healing.

I have more to write about all of this but for now we are thankful for the good news.

9 comments:

Tabaitha Kaye said...

I'm so thrilled to hear that the results came back normal. You are in my prayers daily and I've been wondering if you heard any news. Thanks for the update and I'll continue to pray for all of you.

Kiki said...

So thankful he's so healthy!

Marcey said...

Awesome news! Enjoy that little guy to pieces!

melody mccain dowdy said...

wow! that is awesome!!!

Jody said...

Kristen, that is fantastic! I am so in awe of your unwavering faith and ability to trust in our Lord. God is already being glorified through this situation...Praise be to Him! Love you guys!

Donlee and Amanda said...

Awesome news!! You will get through this.

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

I am so glad to hear!

sarah watson said...

Yea! Great news :)

Steve and Cristie said...

Good news! It was great visiting with you the other day and look forward to seeing you again!

newer older home