Wednesday, August 22, 2007

IKEA fun

Today I ventured to IKEA for the first time ever! Well, I take that back. I did try to go once when I was pregnant but upon entering the door and seeing the maze that was in front of me, I turned right back around and headed for the car. Today I made it through and actually loved it! I found a ton of great items that I needed and some that I really didn't need but purchased anyway. I bought Ellery a tunnel for her play room, a table and chairs (so that she has something to color on now that I have introduced her to crayons and don't want them all over the carpet), and a couple of storage pieces for the playroom. My favorite purchase though is our new highchair. This highchair was $17.99, is simple and sleek, and cleans up in under 5 seconds. I have been complaining about our chicco highchair that has so many little crevices where food creeps in....cleaning it had become a chore. So when I found this one I was in, and if it falls apart (which is just may), it is not that big of a deal. I didn't even have time to go to the other sections of the store but can't wait until my next opportunity. I was even able to purchase a 79 cents cold drink at the check-out...woo hoo...my kind of store. My only real hang up was trying to exit. I was a little confused about how to get my shopping cart to the car. Turns out you have to bring your car to the shopping cart. Next time I'll know. I am off to go do something fun for the night instead of my nightly chore of scrubbing the highchair.

No comments:

newer older home