Monday, July 16, 2007

A Day of Firsts

A few firsts today...

1. Today was the first day that Lulu got to join us at gymboree. Unfortunately Ellery was not her usual smiling-self, but it was still fun to share with her what we do every Monday.
2. Today was the first day that Ellery made an animal noise. Want to know what it was? She "mooed" like a cow! She has this little stuffed cow and when you press it's tummy, it moos. So, I decided to see if she could imitate it and she did - over and over and over.
3. Today was the first day that I let Ellery run around without a diaper for awhile. Because...
4. Today was the first day that Ellery has had a diaper rash. Ever.
5. Today was the first day that Ellery wore her Texas jersey. I wanted something to cover her bottom just a little in case we had a bathroom mishap while she was "airing" out. Like that would have helped. :)
6. Today was the first day that I let Ellery dip her veggies in ranch dressing because I thought it might make her like them more. It didn't help. Sneaky chef here I come (thanks, Julie)!
7. Today was NOT the first day that I dug out all my bags of tricks in order to get my child's mind off her uncomfortable-ness. I literally ran around the kitchen singing "I'm gonna zoom, zoom, zoom, around the room, room, room..." She was laughing hysterically which made it all worthwhile.

2 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

I love it!! :)

Jill said...

Ellery is so cute! It must be those good genes!

newer older home