Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July!

Well, we had great plans to take Ellery and friends to a parade and carnival in my parents' neighborhood, but it was pouring down rain so we quickly abandoned those plans. Instead we went out to lunch and then had play date #1 at Ella's house. The girls were so cute, all dressed in their patriotic colors. While the dads were watching the girls, the moms decided to head out and do some quick bargain shopping.
E & E talking to eachother
the three amigas

After naps, we decided we hadn't had enough of eachother, and everyone came over to our house for a real American dinner of pizza and Mrs. Julie's margaritas which are the best in town. The girls splashed around in our baby pool, took baths together, ate some dinner, and then played some more. They were exhausted come 7pm, so the moms and toddlers headed home and the dads went to see the movie Transformers. All I can say is that I am very glad I didn't have to accompany my husband to this movie like I thought I would. What a full day of fun and friends!

Splashing in the pool

2 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

Too adorable, those 3 girlies!

jeanaelizabeth said...

She is getting so big--I just can't believe it!! And now I'm starting to see a strong resemblance to Nathan.

newer older home