Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Strengths

I am loving our new blog design. I tried forever to think of a more creative title but failed. Most of what I came up with just seemed like I was trying to hard. Oh well.

I have a fun story from therapy today. Price was with his occupational therapist and there was another little boy working with another occupational therapist in the same room. This little boy is about the same age as Price and the same size. He is just darling. This boy has autism and according to his mom, does not enjoy playing with other children and rarely makes eye contact. Physically, this little guy does everything a "normal" 2 year old does...walks, runs, climbs, etc. Well, turns out that he is really taking a liking to our Price man. Price's therapist, Carole, said that the two boys played in the ball pit and seemed to really enjoy one another's company. Price loves other kids and is a very sociable little guy but benefited greatly from watching this boy move, use a hammer, climb out of the ball pit, you name it. And this sweet boy with autism benefited from the social interaction. His strengths are Price's weaknesses and Price's strengths are his weaknesses. Even cooler, Carole said the little boy stared Price right in the eyes and waved goodbye to him when his session was over.

I just love this story and even more so love how people are drawn to Price. I also love hearing about Price's strengths because there are so many. Sometimes I tend to hone in on the weaknesses and forget about all the things he does so well.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

This is my favorite post ever. What an awesome story.

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Beautiful story! Goes to show that it doesn't matter what the age is, God will use someone to minister to another.

The Fab 4 said...

I love this post!!! Price did something for the other little boy that, so far, other children hadn't! Price is a gift from God and will continue to show us all what he is here to do!!! Oh and, I love your new design :)

Kiki said...

I'm ready to cry after reading this! Love it. So proud of Price, look how strong he's getting!

cindy gatewood said...

Love the new blog look!!
And of course the pictures of Price man..
;)

Tiffany said...

I love this. Tears in my eyes. Thank you Lord.

A is for Audrey said...

"His strengths are Price's weaknesses and Price's strengths are his weaknesses." i love that!
so good talking to you last night. you are a sweet friend and a fabulous mom.

S.Champion said...

You amaze me more and more with every blog post. I hope I am half the mom that you are one day:)

Cocktails and Cupcakes said...

Hi Kristen! I just saw this new blog design over at Carolyn's website. I love it!! I am also enjoying your blog and find so much inspriation as you talk about Price and all of his (and your) accomplishments.
Kate

newer older home