Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our suffering, our joy

I have found myself saying that Price is our suffering and our joy. And what a joy he is!

We have scheduled quite a few doctor visits in the upcoming months. A geneticist next week, a neurologist at Memorial Hermann the beginning of February, and then the Duke visit at the end of February. The people at Duke have been so accommodating. I have researched all the doctors we will be seeing and they sound fabulous. Of course, no one really wants to be seeing the head of rare diseases and neurodevelopmental disorders.


We are also looking into the possibility of school for Price next fall. At first, I was completely opposed to the idea. I wanted him at home as long as possible and therapy everyday is our new normal that we have settled into quite well. But, I am starting to wonder if a special needs school might be a good fit for him. Unless the Lord does a miracle, he won't be attending a "normal" preschool and I am finally okay with this. I have accepted it and it's okay. I no longer break down in tears at the thought. Nathan and I are going to tour a few places and do our research. Being a part of the special needs world is not something I ever imagined, but this world has blessed me beyond measure. The Lord keeps putting in my path other moms who are on a similar journey, and I instantly can relate and love them.

Our journey with Pricey is definitely full of suffering and sadness, but it is also full of so much joy and blessing.

"Consider it a sheer gift, my friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so that you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way." James 1:2-4 (The Message)

1 comment:

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Praying for ya'll in the coming weeks. Thankful that God is putting people in your lives that understand and relate to the things you are experiencing. It's such a comfort to know you aren't alone in this journey.

newer older home