Friday, January 7, 2011

Keep on keeping on

This week was full of action. Monday Price and I were in a little accident. A lady pulled out from her parallel parking spot as I was driving down the road we take home from therapy. No one was hurt, but it has been a nuisance. She does not think it was her fault when clearly the pictures say otherwise. I have given so many statements to insurance people and they make me nervous every time.

Sometimes I just can't really believe that all this "stuff" with Price is happening. That one day we are going to wake up and have a "normal" 2 year-old doing all the "normal" 2 year-old things. We received some good news from his neurologist regarding some specific, devastating degenerative disease testing. It was all negative. This is where it gets hard though. Of course we really don't want these results to come back positive, but then we are back at square one so to speak. Seeing doctors, testing, waiting...it is just a new normal that I don't really like.

Nathan and I had a long discussion about how we are not ready to give up on an answer. We know that there is a huge possibility we will never know why Price has the issues he has, but we are not yet ready to throw in the towel. There are so many new treatments and possibilities, that we would just be devastated if we missed out on something. We are frustrated with our hospital here. We love our neurologist but it's like we need several brains in the room together. This going to see a neurologist and then going to see a geneticist and going to see an opthomologist...they all have their separate opinions and we are getting nowhere. Granted, we have ruled a lot of things out but as we are discovering, there is so much more research and tests that can be done.

So we have decided to take Price to Duke Children's Hospital, hopefully within the next month or so. We have been in contact with a wonderful doctor there who is making arrangements to have Price seen by several doctors all in a matter of several days. She admits that her peers might not come up with anything, but we want to go anyways. Price has not given up on us and we are not ready to give up on him. As hard as our boy works, he deserves to have parents fighting for him even harder.

Of course my real prayer is that the Lord would just miraculously heal him and that this chapter of our lives would be over, but until then we keep on keeping on, asking Him to guide us each step of the way.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I will definitely be praying for your visit to Duke. And for everything with the insurance people to go smoothly!

Paige said...

I second that prayer! I will continue to pray for God's healing in that sweet boy. I love him so!

Paige said...

I second that prayer! I will continue to pray for God's healing in that sweet boy. I love him so!

Sherry said...

I think you are absolutely on track in seeking treatments elsewhere. As Nanny always said, "The Lord provides" and we know he will provide you with strength to help Price. Love you. Aunt S

Kiki said...

My heart resonates with asking the Lord to close this chapter but it's through this chapter that I've learned to rely on His strength. I know you know that and agree. Love you friend. The way you navigate this chapter is encouraging. And I'll be praying for you.

newer older home