Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Birthday Weekend

the girls at the spa










Dinner out at Eddie V's


the cake was amazing and so pretty




beautiful flowers




pictures galore - everyone commented on how much my pictures looked liked Ellery - I love that she is my mini-me




this picture doesn't even do the decorations justice - Nathan went all out


I had a wonderful birthday weekend in Austin. Thursday night, the girls drove up to Austin and then we enjoyed a full spa day at Lakehouse Spa. I have never done a complete spa day and so this was such a treat. We had a lovely lunch at the spa and even enjoyed some time at the pool. I am not lying when I say I could barely talk that night - I was just THAT relaxed. The husbands drove up on Friday and when we arrived home, Nathan had done some serious decorating. It was super sweet and thoughtful. He had blown up pictures of me from the past 30 years and even brought a helium tank with him so that he could blow up tons of balloons. He had dinner waiting for us at the house as well as a delicious birthday cake. It was a fun night with close friends, even though the girls were kind of party poopers and decided to hit the sack early. The spa had done us in.

Saturday we woke up to cloudy weather that turned into stormy weather and rain all day. We were a little disappointed that we weren't going to get to spend the day on the lake boating and soaking up the sun. What's a girl to do for backup? Shopping, of course. After lunch, the girls hit up some fun shops in Austin. The boys went and bought a Wii to keep them entertained and then finally got to take the boat and jet skis out for a little bit. We got dressed up for dinner at Eddie V's and were going to go out afterwards, but a certain newly 30-year old forgot her ID. I mean seriously, are people really still carding me? So, instead we went back to the lake house and stayed up into the morning hours talking, laughing, and hot-tubing. It was perfect.

Sunday we all got up (late I might add) and headed home to our much-missed little ones. I have the best friends and husband and they made this birthday so special and fun.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

So fun it was!! Thanks for a wonderful weekend of good times and good friends.
Love,
Tiff

Lindsay Wagner said...

Looks like so much fun! Happy 30th! :)

jonnyd said...

Your husband is a rockstar... glad you had such a great birthday!

Amanda said...

That sounds like the ultimate birthday weekend! I need to leave this page up on my computer so Curt will accidentally read it. I'm so glad you had a great time!

Kiki@Seagulls in the Parking Lot said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like the perfect weekend!

newer older home