Thursday, May 14, 2009

Birth and Pet Days

I realize I have been on a blogging hiatus as of late. I promise to do better. Here is a quick post before my busy birthday weekend that I will blog about soon.



This is my birthday present from my mom. It is the dress I came home in from the hospital 30 years ago! Wow. My mom had great taste even in the 70's. I will treasure this forever. My dad gave me a beautiful bracelet that I just adore too.

Last night Nathan brought home a "Colby" cake as an early birthday treat. Ellery thought it was so funny, and the three of us enjoyed some yummy pre-birthday celebration.

Speaking of Colby, Ellery had Pet Day at school on Wednesday. I was a little nervous about her taking him, because he has been known to show his teeth at other animals and little ones. Nathan took him on a leash and he did great. Nathan said Ellery was so proud to walk her dog down the sidewalk and let all of her friends get a good look at him. He even showed off some of his skills - sitting and laying down. What a good boy! Ellery brought him home a ribbon and said he was voted "Cutest Ears"!

5 comments:

The Ward's said...

Happy 30th!

cindy gatewood said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet
daughter!

I love the cake -- too cute

MOM

Mom said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend!
Thinking of you,
Danielle

Ashley, Bill, and Hunter said...

Happy Birthday!!

Amanda said...

How sweet is that framed dress?!?! My mom gave me a tub of all my old clothes and there was one like that in there. I put Annabeth in it last month and she was so cute. It's fun being girls.

newer older home