Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sprinkles and water hoses

We have been having lots of fun in the water this week. On Sunday night, we decided to break out the sprinkler. Ellery was cautious at first, but after the neighborhood kids joined in, she became much braver. The next day she asked to play in the "sprinkles" again!

Tonight I was cleaning out our ice chest with the water hose and Ellery was watching. I sprayed her feet and accidentally got a little bit of her dress wet. At first she didn't know what to think and seemed a little worried that she was "messy". I assured her it was fine and in no time, she was down to a diaper drinking from the water hose. I decided to just give her a bath outside...very classy, I know.

Getting her to come inside and get ready for bed resulted in a major meltdown, which came close to making me regret the whole fun experience. But I am realizing these days that mommy and Ellery time is precious and going to be rare come August. I hope I can take advantage of these two months with my little girl!

1 comment:

cindy gatewood said...

Love the "beach bod"!!

newer older home