Tuesday, June 24, 2008

30 weeks and craving aisle 3

30 weeks!! I could have as little as 8 weeks to go or as many as 10. I cannot believe how this pregnancy has flown by...and we can't wait to meet our little guy. There is still so much to be done before his arrival, and I am definitely feeling more unprepared than I was when I was this far along with Ellery. I think he has two sleepers in the closet!
And yes, I am craving what I think is aisle 3 at Kroger's....that would be the cereal aisle. It happens to also be the diaper aisle. I made a trip there last night because we had zero diapers in the house and I spent a little extra time eyeing all of the yummy, sugary cereals. What would it be...Captain Crunch, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch? I wanted something that would take me back to being a kid, except did you know that most of the cereals are now made with whole grain? That is what I used to justify the fact that I had picked up all 3 cereals and was ready to head to the checkout. I came to my senses (and the realization that our pantry is TINY) and only allowed myself one...and the winner was Lucky Charms. Don't be fooled though...I will be back for more the minute this box is finished.

5 comments:

Jill said...

You need to post a photo of YOU!!! I may not get to see you pregnant with this little guy - you should post a family photo!!! :)

Matt & Leigh Anne said...

I can totally relate! I'm craving all the sugar cereals too! I might give in tonight...I just don't want a 10 pound month like I've had before!

jeanaelizabeth said...

I had to resist buying Lucky Charms this weekend. I don't have the pregnancy excuse anymore. During month 8 our pantry had no fewer than six boxes of sugary cereal. I agree with Jill--post some pictures of yourself! I am amazed at how soon you will have the baby. Seems like I just found out you were pregnant.

the_wells said...

that is SO funny that I just read this post today. Last night around 11pm- i seriously almost had Adam (who was asleep on the couch) go out to get some lucky charms. It's ridiculous - you can't deny a preggo some sugary goodness...

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Wow, it seems like just yesterday you announced the news. I agree with everyone else, I would love to see some pictures.

newer older home