Wednesday, May 14, 2008

29!!

I am 29 today!! One more year of living it up in my 20's. I hear the 30's aren't all that bad so I am not too concerned! I have been showered with love by my sweet family. Poor Nathan gets hit with Mother's day, birthday, and anniversary all within 3 weeks. He picked out some VERY nice jewelry for Mother's Day and then some cute little bracelets I had my eye on for my birthday. He is always so thoughtful about gifts. When I was pregnant with Ellery he purchased a ring that to him symbolized our daughter-to-be. And he did the same thing this time around with our new little guy. He stayed home this morning for a little while to fix us breakfast and is taking me out tonight. Ellery and I had lunch with my mom and have been running errands to get ready for our big trip to the BAHAMAS!! Ellery has been excited about this trip for weeks. She knows everyone who is going with us and says "beach" all the time. She is my outdoor girl and is sure to LOVE the sand and water. She also really loves flying, much like her mama.
The Lord is teaching me lately that HE is in control. I can worry and be anxious but it accomplishes nothing. This is not new to me, but one of my life lessons that keeps showing up. You think I would have learned by now, but that is the great thing...He is patient and loving and doesn't give up on hard-headed people. I am thankful for another year and look forward to what's ahead!

6 comments:

Kristyn said...

Happiest Birthday Wishes to you!! I'm just a week behind you and have been thinking the same thing...the last year before the big 3-0 stares us in the face! ;) Hope you have a wonderful day!

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day!

Donlee & Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a fun nite out with the hubby...I'm sure they'll be rare after #2 arrives.

Jill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!

the_wells said...

happy birthday girl! call me when you get back and we should hang...have so much fun!

the_wells said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
newer older home