Saturday, April 19, 2008

A family Saturday

Whew..what a productive and fun Saturday we have had! We have had this HUGE project hanging over our heads. We had to clear out our guest room closet since it is going to become our little guy's closet, which means we had to clean out our playroom closet so we could put a lot of the stuff from the guest closet into it. Our house lacks storage big time, so our guest room closet was jam packed with everything from Christmas decorations, to maternity clothes, to luggage, to purses, and so on and so on. You get the idea...not pretty.
So this morning we decided to spend a few hours at the pool which would be fun for everyone and then hopefully wear Ellery out so that we could get to work while she napped. Our plan worked great and we were able to work for about 3 hours. Then it was off to the Container Store to get some organization things. I have a love/hate relationship with that store. Every time my mom and I used to go, I would just get so frustrated and tired. Don't know exactly why but I don't have fond memories. I love all the great organization ideas, I just think people like me end up feeling overwhelmed by how UNorganized I really am.
After the store, we went to grab a bite to eat at Luby's. People who know me know that I really really dislike Luby's. I guess I just don't have fond memories of it either. Maybe it is the pregnancy, but I told Nathan if he wanted to go that he better take advantage of the opportunity, because I was willing. And it really was not that bad. I might even return. Ellery ate like a champ and left with a balloon, so she was thrilled. We had a great day just the three of us!
It is 9:30 and Nathan is still upstairs organizing his closet. It is usually me that goes crazy with a nighttime project! I am so excited to have this behind us and now the fun begins with putting together the new baby room!!

3 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

Guess we need to do a little
shopping to start filling up
the little guy's closet!

Lulu

Aparelho DVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Tabaitha Kaye said...

love the new look!

newer older home