Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy 4th birthday, Bro-bro!

Bro bro,

I woke up on your birthday praising the Lord for your life.  So much good has come out of your 4 years on this earth.  You are so perfectly and wonderfully made.  We make a big deal out of birthdays in this family, and yours was no exception.  You woke up to a balloon (there is a national helium shortage, haven't you heard?), powdered donuts, and to your family belting out the birthday song.  You smiled so big and seemed so pleased with your one balloon.  I love that about you.  You are such a simple boy and find so much joy in simple things.

You went to school on your birthday and were loved on by your incredible teachers.  They threw you a party on Friday.  Your four girl classmates showered you with gifts and wore what I guess to be your favorite color, blue.  Your teachers love you so much and always tell me what a happy boy you are.  You keep them smiling and laughing throughout the day.  You are sunshine, sweet boy, to so many.

We took you to your favorite dinner place, Pappa's Burgers.  You downed a vanilla milkshake and hamburger and smiled contently throughout your entire meal.  We gave you gifts when we arrived home. Ellery picked out a cool Star Wars shirt for you and dad and I gave you a mini trampoline.  Your brother and sister are always jumping, whether on the floor or on a mattress, and I so badly wanted you to feel what it's like to really jump.  You seemed so thrilled, especially when Ellery bounced with you.

In Austin this weekend, we celebrated again with your Lulu and Poppy, Bebe and Pops, and Aunt Meredith.  Ellery and I decorated the lake house with dinosaurs, and we had fun watching you attempt to blow out your candle and open more gifts.

Price, we are so proud to call you ours.  I can't imagine our family without you and the things that make you different.  Honestly, I used to feel some sadness on your birthdays.  Sadness that you were turning another year and that it meant you were that much further behind.  But, praise God, this year was different.  I felt nothing but joy.  You are your own 4.  And I love your 4.

We are praying big things for this 4th year, my blue-eyed boy.  Happy birthday!

Love,
mama (Did I tell you how thrilled I am that this word has come out of your mouth so clearly twice now?  There is nothing better, my boy.)




7 comments:

Momttorney said...

"You are your own 4. And I love your 4."

Chills. I love you, friend, and I'm lucky to walk this journey with you.

Happy (late) birthday to one amazing little man who I hope, hope, hope to meet in person someday, for I've got a million hugs saved up for him.

xo

cindy gatewood said...

Tears...happy tears.
Can't imagine life without sweet Price!
Love, Lulu

Lindsay Wagner said...

The sentence that struck me the most in this post is that you wanted so badly for him to know what it felt like to jump. I love that you longed for that and made that happen for your sweet boy. You are such an amazing mother with such stamina and devotion. I so admire that in you. Happy 4th birthday sweet price!!!!!

jeanaelizabeth said...

He said "mama"?! He said "mama"!!!! That's great!!!

Sherry said...

Love you, "Mama"! You have always been so thoughtful and happy. Price is lucky to have you as his Mother.

Tabaitha said...

So happy he had a great 4th birthday and that he said Mama!

Win said...

He said Mama!! That is awesome. Your heart must SWELL.

Happy Birthday Price! You truly do bring sunshine to so many. May this year be filled with A-mazing moments, simple pleasures, and tons of laughter.

Big hug to you!

newer older home