Wednesday, September 5, 2012

And they are off...

All 3 are officially now back in school.  Ellery started Kindergarten a few weeks ago and is loving every minute of it.  All summer she prayed for a good friend to be in her class this year.  We even did a prayer walk around the school.  The first day came and as Ellery sat down in her new classroom she told me, "The Lord said no.  That's okay, mom.  I will make new friends."  In a matter of days, she was telling me stories about her new best friends.   
Fast forward to this week.  One of our closest family friends decided to send their little girl to Ellery's school and we found out that she was placed in Ellery's class.  It was a neat surprise and blessing.  When we told E the news she was able to say, "The Lord did say yes.  He actually said wait."  I love how faithful the Lord is, even to my 6 year old little girl.  He not only put a close friend in her class, he put one of her BEST friends.

 Price started back to school a couple weeks ago too, after a short summer break.  He has his same teachers and classroom as last year and it's perfect for our boy.  He even started taking naps on a nap mat this year, which I am hoping will transition to a big boy bed (or even just a mattress) in the near future.  Price totally got the short end of the stick with first day pics.
 And then my baby started a 2 days-a-week program today.  This was definitely the hardest one for me.  I truly missed him all day.  The house was so very quiet.



Street did great and even napped at school.  He did not want to leave when I came to pick him up, which is a pretty good sign it was a success.  He is going to the same little preschool that Ellery went to, and I have to say it is pretty sweet to walk through those doors again.  I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing to us to get to experience it all again.  

Here's to a great school year!

2 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

BIG kid stuff!
=)

Win said...

Happy School Days! Best wishes and blessings to all three of you beauties.

newer older home