Thursday, June 18, 2009

And he's off...

Nathan left for Sudan on Tuesday! He will be there for 11 days ministering to the Sudanese people and also mentoring the Aid Sudan Nasir Bible church leaders. We have zero contact with him besides a family and friends mass email update every couple of days. It's tough having no communication when I am so used to just picking up the phone or sending him a text!
The first update that we received today said that the team is staying in Juba (the capital of southern Sudan) tonight before making their journey to the village of Nasir tomorrow. I think they encountered some rough weather on one small plane ride and I am wondering how my sensitive-stomach hubby fared. Poor thing.

I miss him like crazy already but am so excited for him to have this experience. I know the Lord will work in powerful ways during his time in Sudan.

3 comments:

jonnyd said...

We'll definitely keep him in our prayers -- as well as you guys making the 11 day trek back home without him. God Bless!

Steve and Cristie said...

I will be praying for them and you too...can't wait to see you!

Kiki@Seagulls in the Parking Lot said...

We'll be praying for him! And for you! Do you want to come over for a play date sometime?

newer older home