Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rodeo Day

Today we braved the cold, wet, and windy weather for a morning at the Livestock Show and Rodeo. I was so excited to spend a morning with only Ellery as I have felt a little sorry for her with all the attention Price has been receiving lately with his new look. Tiffany and Madi Kate went with us and we left the little ones with a sitter. Tiffany and I laughed about how easy a trip is with only our big girls - no diaper bag, no stopping to nurse, no missing naps and getting cranky, etc. etc. We also talked about how big our girls are getting - they are all of a sudden just so grown up. When I think about this, it makes me sad that Ellery is growing up so fast but then so excited about what lies ahead and all the fun things we will do together.

I had to break out Ellery's winter coat (after just spring cleaning her closet and packing away the winter clothes) for the trip. Besides the cold and numb limbs, we enjoyed ourselves. Oh, and besides the 100 school buses full of kindergarteners on field trips. Note to anyone planning a trip to the rodeo - go in the afternoon, like around 2 or 3. That is what we did last year and it was so much better in terms of crowds. We managed to get to the petting zoo and pony rides before the mile-long lines formed and then headed outside to enjoy a little hands-on farming exhibit and pig races. Ellery loved the pony rides and then loved watching little chickens hatch from their eggs. She has been talking about the chickens cracking open their eggs all afternoon.

I have enjoyed myself at the rodeo this year as well. I went with some girlfriends last night and then Nathan and I are headed back next week. Yee-haw










2 comments:

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Looks like Ellery had a great time!

Steve and Cristie said...

I love the picture of her milking the cow....soooo cute! Sounds like you all had fun!

newer older home