Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Wow! As I sit and blog on Christmas Eve I don't know even where to begin. I might have to just highlight our Christmas festivities since there have been so many already. Last weekend we went to Wichita to celebrate Christmas with my dad's parents and his sister's family. We enjoyed spending time with everyone and even got to see snow! This was Ellery's 1st time to experience snow and when she looked out the window she said, "Bubbles?" Wouldn't that be wonderful if bubbles fell from the sky?
Bundled up - thanks Aunt Paige for the adorable hat and mittens!



I am wearing my grandpa's hat and ski pants!



We were home for four days and then hopped in the car to drive to Southlake to have Christmas with my parents and Paige and Taylor. We stayed at the Southlake Town Center which is just awesome. I am pretty sure that if the suburbs in Houston were as cool as the ones in Dallas, we would move in a heartbeat. We went to the Gaylord Ice show Friday night which we had been hearing so much about and couldn't wait to see for ourselves. Wow! It was amazing! We had to bundle up in these huge jackets because it was FREEZING but Ellery did not seem to mind. She even ventured down the ice slide. Unfortunately she got a little ways down and just stopped. Her jacket sleeves were about a foot too long so she couldn't use her hands to push herself down. Instead, a man working at the bottom had to pull out this huge pole and maneuver her down the slide. It was hilarious (although not to her). We had Christmas with the family on Saturday and had some fabulous meals as well. What fun! I have some pictures that I will post later....they are funny.

Sunday morning we woke up and headed out to spend time with Nathan's side of the family. It was fun for Ellery to be able to join in the playtime with all of the young kids this year. We then spent the evening with the Stedhams and had Christmas. Ellery was completely spoiled with lots of attention and new toys, but what do you expect from grandparents? I have a feeling we will have to do some post-Christmas spoiling detox.

And we drove home this afternoon just in time to unpack and get to the Christmas Eve program at our church, which Ellery sat through beautifully with the help of a candy cane. And just when Nathan and I were ready to chill a little, there was some loud noise and yelling coming from one of the houses on Drama Ln (the name I have appropriately given our street). And then the police! I guess everything was settled because he left by himself and we never heard anything after that.
In all seriousness though, it makes me sad, especially given that it is Christmas Eve. Our Savior was born into this world to forgive us all our sins and to bring peace and joy to the hearts of His people. May we truly remember the reason for the season. Merry Christmas!!
More pictures to follow...

1 comment:

cindy gatewood said...

Yeah for Farm Fresh!! LOL

newer older home