Monday, September 3, 2007

What's Been Happening...

I have had writer's block when it comes to the blog, so my apologies for no new updates for awhile. I will just fill you in on what's been happening around here.

Last week Ellery and I had some sinus junk going on so we were basically stuck inside the house all day long. A not-so-well toddler plus a no-napping toddler equaled a REALLY long week. Nathan was up with Ellery every night from the hours of 1-2am because she needed a drink or couldn't sleep with all of her congestion. No infants anytime soon again for us! We watched quite a few videos and discovered Dora the Explorer and The Backyardigans. Ellery also discovered smoothies and we made several trips to Jamba Juice and Island Smoothie. I don't know if it is the actual smoothie she loves or the fact that she is drinking out of a big girl cup with a straw. We just know she loves them.

Thankfully Lulu and Poppy came to the rescue and called Friday to see if Ellery could spend the night at their house. They picked her up at 5 and kept her until about 11am the next day. Nathan and I were able to go out for sushi at a time other than 5:30pm. What a blessing we have them close. I told my mom it was exactly what I needed.

Ellery starts school tomorrow! She will be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays for about 5 hours a day. Thursday night Nathan and I had a Parent Orientation - that's right, a Parent Orientation for parents of toddlers. We were lectured about being to school on time, sending healthy lunches, appropriate dress code, etc. I even had to go out shopping the night before for school supplies.
We met with her two new teachers who seem so sweet but also hold some high expectations. Nathan and I were laughing to ourselves as they told us about how the kids will be sitting in real chairs and drinking out of paper cups at lunch time. Needless to say, I am packing an extra outfit tomorrow for when she gets overly excited and pours the water down her shirt.
Friday morning Ellery got to visit her new classroom and meet her new classmates. She loved seeing all of the new toys and surroundings and waved bye-bye to me as soon as we entered the room. I think this means school is going to be a success!

Today we were able to get some pool time in before it started thundering and lightening. Ellery fell in love with the slide at the pool and had a huge grin plastered on her face the whole way down every single time. We have taught her the sign for "please" and she has learned that we are suckers for it. Nathan must have taken her on the slide 10 times because she was being so polite wanting more. It is funny though because the actual sign language for "please" is done by moving your hand in a clockwise motion on the center of your chest. While she definitely has the idea down, it looks more like she is wiping her hands off all over her shirt! Oh well, we will take all the manners we can get right now!

No comments:

newer older home