Today Ellery is 15 months old! It is hard to believe and I am giving thanks to the Lord for her life and the joy she brings to our family. I give Him praise for so many things including:
1. She is a happy girl most of the time. She loves to twirl, wave hi and bye to everyone, dance, play with friends and by herself, read, run errands with mom, and so much more.
2. She is my little helper! She loves to clean and throw things away.
3. She is healthy. I am so thankful for this. She has had some gastrointestinal issues the past few weeks and lost some weight but overall she is a healthy, growing girl.
4. She loves to say so many words including mama and dada. Mama is usually said a little louder and more demanding than dada but at least she says it!
5. She is a kisser! Not only does she blow kisses but she gives big, open mouthed ones as well.
6. She is slowly adjusting to life away from mom at school. We can now get through the hallway of school before she starts to cry. Hopefully soon we will get into the classroom!
7. She is getting smarter each day. I am amazed at what a little sponge she is. It's like she wakes up with a mission each day to accomplish. Today she put her puzzle together all by herself. She is also understanding so many of the things we say to her.
8. She knows how to say her prayers. She puts her hands together and prays with us at night.
9. She is starting to test her limits which can bring out her little temper. Just a sign she is getting older and more aware of her surroundings. Yes, I have to remember to be thankful for this at times.
10. She is our little girl! Sometimes I can't believe we have been entrusted to take care of such a precious gift!
It is so easy sometimes to get run down, frustrated, overwhelmed, and anxious as a mother and it is good to remind myself of how much I have to be thankful for. On that note of being thankful, we are heading out to Jamaica! I can already hear the waves crashing and the reggae music playing.