Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What's up?

Hello blogging world!  It's been awhile.  I still think of this blog and have the desire to write, but it has been pushed to the back burner.  I love writing and love sharing our life journey, but I never want it to feel forced.
So what has our little family been up to?  Well, let's see.  There was my trip to India with As Our Own.  It was an absolutely amazing time, so rich in so many ways.  I fell deeply in love with the girls in India and it was a perfect reminder that Jesus is enough.  He is enough for the girls that have been rescued from horrific, unimaginable circumstances.  And He is enough for me as a mom.  Completely, totally enough.

We are wrapping up school this month with the excitement of a new one next year.  Well, for Ellery that is.  I felt the Lord calling us out to something different next year and well, I just am going for it.  I'm trusting Him to provide as He always does.  I am learning more and more to put aside all the voices around me and really just listen to the One that is the most important.  We are doing what we feel is right as a family, and it's definitely going to look different from the next.  I've come to love how different our family looks.  When you have an almost 5 year old crawling down the street, you kind of stand out.

I was recently asked by my sister to come to her group Bible study to share my testimony.  I found about 50 different excuses of why I couldn't come, but she wouldn't back off.  Those pesky little sisters, right?  No, I am kidding.  I love her to the moon and back.  She wouldn't back off and the Lord wouldn't let me say no.  So I took Ellery out of school for the day and we made a 24 hour road trip out of it.  I will tell you that public speaking is not my friend.  I get bright red and nervous and well, it's just not pretty.  I kept telling myself that "I'm not great, but He is," and that's the truth.  It was an amazing time of sharing with some pretty amazing women.  I am thankful that they let me do a little test drive on them.  Writing and then speaking about what the Lord has done in my life was super therapeutic and such a reminder of how good He is to me and our family.  He wants good for us, my friends!

Price is trying out a walker and oh so happy about it.  We long for him to be more independent and this is literally a step in the right direction.  He is still beautifully wrecking our lives and the Lord is using him to sanctify me through and through.  Isn't that amazing how He does that through our children?

Street is loving dirt, tractors, fishing, golf, baseball, and anything that is all-boy, besides his pink slippers that Ellery gave him and pink paci.  He is so spoiled and sometimes I think that he can do no wrong.  Although, I am very certain he can.  It's true what people say about the baby of the family.

Ellery and I took a trip to Disney World a couple weeks ago and had a blast.  It was the perfect girl time that we needed.  Nathan went around telling people that "the drama was in Florida".  Whatever.

I'm off to do carpools and getting ready for the afternoon craziness.  I will leave you with one of the best quotes that I read yesterday by Sally Clarkson.  She said to ask yourself, "What did I do to whisper the secrets of the kingdom of heaven into the hearts of my children?" Good stuff.  So long for now...

8 comments:

hill said...

i LOVED this update. where did you get that sally clarkson quote? xoxo.

Katie said...

Love Sally Clarkson. My sister-in-law and I go to her conference in Dallas every year (around V-day) and this past one Sarah Mae came and spoke. Read "Desperate" if you get a second...great book, easy read and food for the soul.

Love your sweet family...and your amazing heart!

Katie

Kristen said...

From that awesome book I saw you reading "Desperate". Seriously it is one of the best books I've read in a long time. I don't want it to end.

cindy gatewood said...

What a surprise when I was checking
blogs this afternoon! =)
You make me proud...

XO
Mom

shannonmichaelis said...

Loved this:

"He is still beautifully wrecking our lives and the Lord is using him to sanctify me through and through. Isn't that amazing how He does that through our children?"

Sweet post, and surprised I actually caught it right off the press!

Tabaitha said...

There are so many great things I love about this post, but the best is that your heart for the Lord is beaming in all areas of your life! Continued prayers!

Paige said...

Woo hoo! A new post! Keep it up sista!

Win said...

Fantastic surprise, your update! Best wishes and blessings to you and your beautiful fam. Please please update again soon, and pictures??

newer older home