Friday, March 30, 2012

Sibling love

{feeding Price his pudding}

I posted something a few weeks (or months) back that linked to an article about how siblings of special needs children are extraordinary. Well, I witnessed just that last night.

My mom spent the night with us and while she usually just sleeps in Ellery's bed with her, we decided to give her the entire bed and let Ellery bunk with Price. We roll a mattress from Street's room onto the floor of Price's room and voila, Ellery's bed for the night. The kids all get excited when the mattress comes out and can play for an hour jumping on it, letting us throw them on it, and just being goofy. (Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe we should break that thing out more often.)

Ellery and Street were in Price's room having a ball and a couple minutes into the fun, Street stopped and I could see his wheels turning. He ran out of the room, down the hall, and into the playroom where Price was playing. He said something like, "Bro-bro, cababbaba," and started motioning for Price to follow him. When Price didn't budge, he got right in front of him and started pulling his finger. Price still wasn't budging (the boy is heavy), and so he tried again, this time getting behind him and pushing him with his two hands. Price fell flat on his face, then started laughing, and finally began crawling in the direction Street was pointing. Ellery chimed in and got down on her hands and knees and started crawling right beside Price. All the way to his room...where Price lit up at the sight of the mattress and quickly joined in on the fun.

Street couldn't stand the fact that Bro-bro was missing out. I love that. I wiped a few tears and told Nathan that was the sweetest thing I have ever witnessed. Seriously, Street and Ellery are Price's biggest motivators and encouragers. He is one blessed little guy to be sandwiched between these two.

9 comments:

Paige said...

I love this. He IS surrounded by so much love!

cristin steger said...

i love this too!!!!!!

cindy gatewood said...

Sweet, sweet kids...good thing
I planned to spend the night!!
=)

Momttorney said...

And you know I needed to read this. xoxo friend. thanks for helping me keep on keeping on!

Marcey said...

I loved reading this story! Brought back some great memories of my own. Thanks for sharing it!

Meagan said...

So sweet...tears. I cannot wait to meet Price this summer! Can. Not. Wait!

Kate said...

So so sweet! What loving kiddos.

Kate said...

So so sweet. Such loving kiddos.

Tabaitha said...

So moving and beautiful!

newer older home