Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday rambling

I thought I had turned a corner with the pregnancy nausea but today made me really re-think that. I think this pregnancy has been the hardest in terms of sickness. Or maybe it's just because I have two kids to look after and I can't just lay down and turn on the tv to take my mind off how bad I'm feeling. I had a horrible encounter with Freebirds not too long ago. It has been one food that has sounded good to me but I had a bad chicken experience. I thought I was up for eating it for dinner tonight and made sure to get a veggie burrito. However, I ordered chicken for Price (it's gluten free!) and I was gagging in the car from the smell. Think I will take a freebirds break. Oh, and someone at Freebirds asked me if I was expecting another baby! I have to admit that was very brave. I am at the stage where either I look pregnant or like I ate one too many cookies.

Price is starting occupational therapy. We have an in-home therapist coming to the house and will be seeing another therapist at the center where he does physical and speech therapy. His therapy schedule has gone from 2 days a week to 4 days a week - every day but Friday! It's busy but he needs it and we are determined!

I was slightly dreading his OT evaluation this morning. When you have a developmentally delayed child, it's not fun to hear how officially behind he is, even though I'm quite aware. I had a friend pray for my morning and I said some prayers myself, and the Lord answered. I actually left his evaluation encouraged not in tears! Of course, he tested behind at about a 10 month old level but to me that just didn't sound all too bad. Funny how perspectives change. I am pretty sure I prided myself on Ellery being ahead of the "What to Expect the First Year" developmental schedule. I am very humbled. ugh.

Price did things during his evaluation that I didn't even know he could do and I left with a real sense of what fine motor skills we need to be working on. Our OT said he is motivated and doing the best he can with his physical abilities. I am so proud of him and his hard work. He struggles to do what most toddlers do with ease, and he usually does it with a smile. Sweet, sweet boy.

1 comment:

Tabaitha Kaye said...

Hope you feel better and get some rest. Way to go Price and I just want you to know that I am praying for you all the time and Price.

newer older home