Monday, February 11, 2008

A little of this and that

Wow...it's been a long time since I have sat down to blog. Part of the reason is that I have all these great pictures to post but we are in the process of switching computers and I haven't been able to upload them. So stay tuned for pictures!
We have been staying busy as usual. Ellery is saying new words right and left and I am starting to wonder where my "baby" has gone. Along with all her sweetness, she has started some behaviors that make me think we are already in the terrible-two's stage. She now finds delight in screaming at the top of her lungs (especially in public places) and has become very possessive over her toys and things. "Mine" and "no mine" are very popular words at the moment. I know it is just a phase but it is sometimes difficult to know how to respond and discipline appropriately. I need to read up! She does surprise me at times and show great empathy when another toddler is in distress. I will even sometimes catch her saying "Sorry".

I have been attending the Beth Moore Bible study at our church on Tuesday nights and it has been so timely in my life. I am continually amazed how even as adults we go through seasons of life that take us back to the drama of junior high school minus the bangs and braces. It is in the rough seasons though that I find myself growing so much. If we let Him, these seasons can be used for eternity purposes.

Oh, and guess who will be celebrating his 30th birthday tomorrow? Nathan! He is not really wanting to celebrate but we are! So make sure and wish him a happy birthday. He is such a tremendous blessing to not only me, but to his daughter, his family, and his friends! I will give you all the details from his "surprise" party next time!

No comments:

newer older home