Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful

We put up all of our Christmas decorations yesterday when we got home from being with our family in Austin for Thanksgiving.  Ellery would have rather skipped right over Thanksgiving just so we could get started on decorating.  I love her enthusiasm.  I had a moment to myself as I was putting some last ornaments on the lit tree and I started to get emotional.  Two years ago around this same time, we were anxiously awaiting Price's genetic test results.  These specific results meant life or death for our boy.  And then the year before around this time, we were awaiting some different test results that would give us a good glimpse into the future with our boy.  As I looked up at the tree and my eyes became a little blurry with tears, I just thanked the Lord that Price is still here.   That he is still very with us.  The reality is that we still don't have any medical answers or glimpses into the future, but we have learned who will carry us through the painful moments and give us the grace we need to put one foot in front of the other.  Yes, disability has changed our lives and some days are oh so hard.  But it is in these hard moments that we must run to the Lord, and our hearts overflow with thankfulness for the things He has done.


"Now to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,.." Ephesians 3:20

2 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

YAY! A new blog post! =)
I am SO thankful for Price, and
I can't imagine life without him!
XO

Win said...

Thank you for the update! I hope to hear from you again soon. Blessings and SO.MUCH.HAPPINESS to you and your family.

newer older home