Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ba!

Price said his first real "ba" today! How exciting! See, he's very vocal and holds conversations with screams, grunts, and ga's, but not much else. He is really trying to figure this speaking thing out. Our speech therapist said it is most likely a motor planning issue. He will watch us speak and you can see the wheels turning in his head, but he has a difficult time mimicking.

For about a week he has been putting his lips together but not saying anything while doing it. While we were in speech today, a "ba" slipped out loud and clear. I was so excited, and I could see the excitement in his eyes as well. I hope I hear some more sometime soon. A "ma" would be really great too!

We WILL get there!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

WHO HOO!!! Go Price! I have to say his silent ba ba ba was so stinkin cute! I can't wait to give him a high five :)

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

I'm so happy for Price! I just realized that I did not call you back today! Thanks for the call. =) I REALLY miss seeing you. I will give you a call tomorrow.

xoxo!

Ashley, Bill, and Hunter said...

Oh how exciting! So proud of you price (and mom) for your hard work.

newer older home