Monday, September 26, 2011

Beauty


I rarely blog this much in a week. But, kids are in bed, lunches are packed, Nathan is at a movie with the boys, and I am waiting on some hard-boiled eggs to finish up on the stove.

I was pointed by John Knight to an article by Elizabeth Elliot. It's such a great article that speaks to the heart of disability and is written in part by Judy Squier, who was born without legs. Here are a few of the standouts for me.

Judy writes, "...A birth defect by God's grace does not rob childhood of its wonder, nor is a child burdened by high expectations. Given a supportive, creative, and loving family, I know personally that I enjoyed not a less-than-average life nor an average life, but as I've told many, my life has been not ordinary but extraordinary."

She goes on to say, "I am convinced without a doubt that a loving Heavenly Father oversees the creative miracles in the inner sanctum of each mother's womb {Psalm 139}, and that in His sovereignty there are no accidents."

And this is my favorite...."What we judge to be tragic - the most dreaded thing that could happen, I expect we'll one day see as awesome reason for the beauty and uniqueness of our life and family."

7 comments:

Momttorney said...

Beautiful. Love it.

Tabaitha said...

Beautiful!

Win said...

How peaceful to read those words.

cindy gatewood said...

Beauty-ful!

XO
Mom

Sherry said...

Everyone should feel the way she does! How inspiring. Love, SJ

Paige said...

I absolutely love this.

glenda said...

Uplifting as always!

newer older home