Sunday, September 19, 2010

Piper time

Thanks to everyone who said prayers for Price on Friday. We actually re-scheduled his procedure. Orally sedating a 2 year-old just didn't seem like a great idea to us...we just don't want to take any risks. It would have left him still awake, able to feel the procedure, and still able to move. And even though he can't move as much as most 2 year-olds, he can and would have still tried to get away and squirm. I will let you know when the new date is.

Piper and Paige are in town and we are loving it! She's such a doll and it makes me even more anxious to meet our little one. Speaking of little one, I went to the doctor on Friday and I am maybe 1 cm dilated and the baby has not descended at all. I am thinking I might go the full three weeks. I am feeling great, other than being tired and hot, but no complaints.

I always tell the Lord that I believe He heals. I know He can heal. I read about healing all over the Bible. Sometimes though, I doubt that He will. Gasp, I know. Most days I am full of faith and belief and then I will have a day where I have my doubts. Well, the Lord provided a most perfect example of His healing power and His working of a miracle in a good friend's life. Most of all, I am thrilled for this friend of mine and just thanking the Lord for His goodness and faithfulness in her life. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. But, I am also encouraged. It was almost like He was saying to me, Look here my child, I am still in the business of miracles. I am the God who heals. The same God you read about is the same God I am today. I am so thankful I serve such a powerful God.



2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm excited to meet your new little one! Piper is precious. I love all her hair. Also, I am still getting chills about what the Lord has done for our friend (I think we're thinking of the same one.) So exciting and faith-building! Love you, Kristen!

Tabaitha Kaye said...

The pictures with Piper are precious! I've been thinking about you all weekend. As always, ya'll are in my prayers.

newer older home