Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day of nesting

My dad, Nathan, and Ellery were on the road early today to make it to the Texas game in Austin. My mom, Price, and I decided to stay at home since the game was going to be a middle-of-the-day scorcher. My mom is the most organized person I know, and I always enjoy her coming over to our house to "do some work". And some work we did! Kids closets, nursery, pictures hung, laundry done, and the grand finale my closet! I have done very little shopping since before Price was born...all of a sudden we were thrown into appointments with him and therapy and my clothes and style took a backseat. (Don't feel too sorry for me though, because my mom was always looking out for me. :) ) And being very pregnant now, I just wanted to get rid of everything and little by little start all over. My closet looks very empty...a clean slate...and it feels so good. I have nothing to wear...but it really does feel good.

After our purging, we decided to make a trip to the galleria of course. I needed a couple of things for labor and after delivery, and the kids both were in need of pajamas. Of course, a little detour through Nordstroms was a necessity as well. Too bad I am too big for the clothes and too swollen for the shoes.

Price seemed to enjoy his one-on-one time with the ladies. He doesn't get out and about much these days. One, because he is always at therapy and two, because he is difficult for me to maneuver right now. He loved the galleria with so many people and things to look at. His favorites were the elevator and the balloon that a lady in the shoe department gave him.

Here he is holding his balloon and doing his fake "smile" for the camera. I love this boy!

4 comments:

Tabaitha Kaye said...

That might be a fake smile, but it's still such a cute smile.

cindy gatewood said...

It made MY day - being with a cute
little guy and cleaning closets!
How much better could it get?!
;)

Lindsay Wagner said...

sounds like an awesome day! i think your mom and i would be best friends....if only i knew that her passion was cleaning closets, too! i have always said if i hadn't become a teacher i would have been a closet organizer at the container store! :) let's just say you wouldn't know that currently by looking at our condos closets...hard to be motivated when you're renting. future house....get READY!!! ;)

Lyndsay said...

I would love to do that with my closet too! Do you mind sending your mom my way? :) Price is such a cutie! Hopefully Ellery had fun at the game - it was painful to watch on TV!

newer older home