Friday, September 4, 2009

On the road

We are on the way to our first football game of the season. My car has been taken over by Longhorn decals and I am pretty sure I will be hearing the fight song anytime now. I am bummed because about 5 minutes before we hit Hruskas on 71, Ellery fell asleep. I love stopping there for a treat. **I called it...Nathan is now humming the fight song and beating the steering wheel.** The kids have been watching Annie and Price loves it! He was laughing out loud. It's going to be a fun weekend!

In other news, Ellery is obsessed with weddings. I told her last weekend that Nathan and I were going to a wedding and she was curious about it, so I gave her some details. The next thing I know I am picking her up from my parents house and she's a wreck not wanting to leave because she is marrying Poppy. My word. Ellery gave me the details of her big, beautiful white dress and how she and Poppy will dance the night away. It was just the sweetest thing and I sure do hope she marries someone as wonderful as her Poppy one day!

I attended Ellery's school orientation last night and we had meet the teacher day this morning. She is excited about her 3 year old class and her new teacher. It's so hard for me to believe that this is our 3rd year at her school. It seems like just yesterday she was in the toddler class napping with her little hiney in the air on her nap mat. I look forward to all she will be learning this year!

Now, Ellery is up and we are going to make a pit stop at somewhere not as cool as Hruskas. I will post pictures from this weekend when we get home. Happy Labor Day!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOL...I love the school spirit! Jason came home with what looks like a life size poster of Colt...but it's only an ESPN magazine that is sitting on our dresser. Oh my word! Y'all have a safe and great weekend!

Jody said...

Hey long lost friend! I hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend...i sure do miss you all!

I LOVED Price's birthday pictures- PRICELESS!!!

Ashley, Bill, and Hunter said...

oh we always stop at Hruskas too on our way to Austin...love the kolaches! Yall have fun in Austin this weekend too.

newer older home