Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ballerina girl



Today was Ellery's first day of ballet lessons. Her teacher is a beautiful ballerina named Mrs. Phoebe. To say Ellery was excited about dance class today is an understatement - she was ecstatic.
I had to wake her up from her nap to get to class on time which is why she looks a little sleepy in these photos. The minute we got to class, Ellery ran up and hugged Mrs. Phoebe. I watched through a window in the room, and she was loving every minute. They danced with ribbons, made circles, leaped across an "alligator pond", and much more. In fact, when the class was over and other girls were leaving with their moms, I overheard Ellery telling Mrs. Phoebe that her mommy was not here yet, to which Mrs. Phoebe replied she could stay with her. Ellery TOTALLY knew I was staying for the entire class to watch her and so I caught her in a complete lie. I had to laugh though - it was a smart plan that she had devised so that she could dance a little longer. There were tears when we had to leave, but I reassured her we would be there every week. I think ballet might be here to stay for awhile.

3 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

Aww- I love the little leotard
tummy! Our Ellerina Ballerina!


Lulu

Lindsay Wagner said...

Ellery looks precious as a little ballerina!!! ;)

Tiffany said...

what a precious ballerina I have to say!

newer older home