Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pizza night

The kids are in bed and Nathan and I are waiting on our homemade pizza to come out of the oven, so I thought I would catch up on blogging. Yes, we had pizza-making night. It was lots of fun until I told Ellery she had to stop eating the shredded cheese (the girl loves cheese) and then there was lots of whining. Lots of whining and then time out in her room - twice. But all in all it was fun. There is a Boz video where he makes a "double-peppy pizza" that she loves to watch so we figured she would enjoy making her own. We bought lots of veggies, cheese, and pepperoni for her to choose from - and guess what? She chose zero veggies. Just a good ole pepperoni and cheese pizza. Nathan and I got creative and are trying a barbecue chicken one. Probably won't be as good as CPK but we will give it a shot!

Both of the kiddos were a little on edge tonight but that's because it has been a non-stop weekend. Thursday night Nathan and I went on a double-date with Paige and Taylor to Lynn's Steakhouse. It was so delicious - we split steak and lobster and of course had lots of yummy bread and sides. Paige was in town all last week and it made me really wish she lived here. She came to see Ellery strut her stuff at gymnastics and we were able to share several meals together. We love our Paigey. And Taylor too, of course. He was just at the office most of the week.

Friday night and Saturday morning Nathan and I attended a Song of Solomon conference at our church. I highly recommend it. We had a neighbor's birthday party today after the conference and then it was home for a much-needed nap time. Tonight Ellery was reading to me (I guess that's her new thing) and it was so funny because she would lick her index finger before turning each page. I asked her why she was doing that and if it helped her turn the page better, and she replied, "Cause mommy does that." I had no idea I did this but I must!

We captured Price's laugh on camera. I am going to try to post it after dinner. About two seconds after I turned the camera off, he projectile-spit up all over Nathan. Nice.

1 comment:

Lindsay Wagner said...

so fun to see you both days this weekend! :) ok, is lynn's steakhouse the one right by us??? enjoy your pizza dinner...sounds like so much fun!

newer older home