Saturday, October 27, 2007

Week in review

I am loving our day to day life as a family...we are so blessed. Ellery is getting bigger every day and transforming into a little toddler right before our eyes. Her little mind is working overtime, adding new words to her vocabulary seemingly by the minute. It is amazing!

So let's see this week...we have officially transitioned to one nap a day instead of two. I am actually really enjoying the new schedule although Ellery is still adjusting and often falls asleep in the car before I can get her home for her after-lunch nap. I can get her out of the car, upstairs, change her diaper, take off her shoes and she doesn't wake up! Tired girl!

Wednesday night Nathan and I officially graduated from our parenting class at church. It is based on the Love and Logic method of discipline and we have gained so much insight. I find myself listening to parents around me whether at the grocery store or at Target and thinking about what they could have done or said different. Don't be fooled though - I am completely stumped at times at home with Ellery and all my "learned" skills go out the window!

We had a fun play date with Roanna and Jake Friday morning. Roanna and I went to school together for our masters degree and she just moved back to Houston having been in Ohio while her husband completed medical school. Baby Jake is almost 7 months old and Ellery acted like a sweet big sister (most of the time). It was fun having a little boy around for a change!

Friday night Lulu and Poppy offered to keep Ellery overnight. Nathan and I had a date night and were able to catch a movie. We saw Dan in Real Life with Steve Carell, and while I know it got bad reviews, I actually really liked it. But I may not be the best judge of movies. I am only a fan of movies with happy endings and non-dark story lines! I think Ellery had a great time hanging out with her grandparents too...going to dinner, for ice cream, walks on the boulevard, and endless play time!

We have spent quite a bit of time outdoors this week because of our beautiful weather. Here are some pictures we took on our play date and then just playing in the backyard with Colby:













2 comments:

Tabaitha, Adam, & Mason said...

I love Ellery's facial expression in the last picture with Colby.

Tiffany said...

I love the green dress and that last picture with Colby!! Cutie Patootie!

newer older home